Ion Cleanse Foot Bath: The Total Body Detoxification

Last month, my local naturopathic doctor had a special on all of her detox machines.  I took advantage of the $15 price and had 3 foot detox baths!

What is a foot detox bath?

Foot detoxes have been used in Asian countries for centuries.  This method draws toxins from your body through the feet.  The water in the foot bath is charged with both positive and negative ions which pull toxins through the skin’s pores.  Toxins attach themselves to organs, joints, muscles, nerves, arteries, glands and tissues, which can cause a great number of health problems.  Getting rid of toxins promotes good health.  Foot baths are really quite relaxing too!

Foot detoxes last for 30 minutes.  As your feet detox, the water changes color.  Your doctor {or whoever is doing the detox} will be able to tell by the color of the water where the toxins are coming from in your body.  I’ve heard interesting experiences from some people who have had a foot detox, including one lady who had so much yeast that the water bubbled over the tub!  After the detox, my doctor gave me a small amount of liquid minerals to replace what I lost during the detox.  Detoxing gets rid of the bad stuff, but it will also pull out some beneficial minerals also.

Meaning of the colors:

Black – detoxifying from liver
Black flecks – detoxing heavy metals
Brown – detoxifying from liver, cellular debris, {if you are a tobacco user, the water will be brown as it rids your body of tobacco}
Dark green – detoxifying from gallbladder
Orange – detoxing joints
Red flecks – blood clot material
White cheese-like particles – getting rid of yeast overgrowth
White foam – detoxing lymphatic system
Yellow-green – detoxing kidneys, bladder, urinary tract

How often should you have a detox?  If you can afford it, my doctor said once or twice a week is fine.  I likely will not do any more foot detoxes this year since I’m cleansing internally.  I also take bentonite clay baths and epsom salt baths at home, which is a whole body detox too.

Have you ever had a foot detox?

post signature

Linked to:
Walking Redeemed    A Wise Woman Builds Her Home    Raising Homemakers

Comments

Ok, here’s my question: If the water has both negative AND positive ions in it, “The water in the foot bath is charged with both positive and negative ions which pull toxins through the skin’s pores.” don’t those ions just attract one another? How are they going through the body and attracting the bad stuff?

Dana, The foot bath picture explains it this way: “AC electricity is converted to low power DC electricity which flows through an electrode system that sits in a foot bath. The electricity and metal combine to split the water molecules into H+ and OH+ ions. These ions travel through the body, neutralize opposite charges particles and through powerful osmotic pressure, pull those neutralized particles out of the body through whatever skin surface is in contact with the water.”

i found the color of the water absolutely disgusting…but intriguing, as well! i have never heard of this and after reading this post i want to try it to see what color my water will be. i should find a place that does it.

Hi, can you explain how to do a bentonite clay detox bath? Is this separate from epsom salt bath or are they combined. Can you explain how yo do an epsom salt detox bath too? Thank You.

4. Rachel says

Hi, I am curious if you’ve ever run the foot bath for 30 minutes without putting your feet in it at all. I have heard that the color of the water will still change even without feet in it due to the electrodes rusting or some other chemical reaction that happens from the way the foot bath functions. In other words, the color isn’t from toxins coming out of your body. Very curious, Rachel

Hi, Rachel! I don’t own my own foot bath so I have not been able to try that. I’ve only done the baths at my ND’s office. I’ve heard of people saying that too. What I do know is that the color of the water is not the same for everyone. A person who has smoked for years has a noticeably different result in foot baths compared to a health living person. If you do enough foot baths, the water does get clearer. Some people keep cleansing until the water is clear for them. Plus, it’s not just the water that changes color, there can also be different colored flecks and yeast in the water, depending on the person’s health condition. Our skin has huge pores that soak in and expel toxins. Sweating is a way that we get rid of toxins too. These foot baths just go to a deeper level. Thanks for the question!

Great recommendations! Epsom salts in warm water work for my tired feet. I totally agree, taking care of your feet is a priority, a lot of people focus on healthy lifestyle (exercise and diet) but then just ignore their feet! It’s important to remember that feet are the foundation of the human body. From experience I know that if we neglect them it can definitely lead to other health issues.
    Matt @ Pickleball recently posted…Wilson Pickleball Paddles and Equipment ReviewsMy Profile