What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a disorder that is mainly characterized by intense pain all over the body.
What are other symptoms?
- Muscle Stiffness
- Digestive Disorders (including Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Brain Fog
What Causes Fibromyalgia?
Below are some possible causes of this condition. If you have fibromyalgia, one, more, or even all of the causes below may apply to you. (Most of the time it is several causes that finally cause the body to go haywire and produce a condition like fibromyalgia).
- Antiobiotics or other prescription medications
Antibiotics are way over-prescribed – so are many, many medications. From ear infections (which 90% are viral and antibiotics can’t help those) to stomach problems; from depression to high blood pressure, many people take medications on an often basis their whole lives. This will catch up with you now or later. Find natural remedies for you and your family’s health, and enjoy a life of treating illnesses and health conditions without living with negative side effects!!
- Poor diet and a great lack of nutrition.
Most American’s diet is way too high in carbs and sugars, which can cause a host of health problems.
Great amounts of stress has a very negative impact on health. While stress is impossible to completely avoid, we have to learn to really trust God with the situations in our life.
- Lack of Exercise
A lot of people have jobs that don’t require a lot of activity, and they go home exhausted to spend the evening on the couch. Our bodies need good exercise and sunshine to feel good and be healthy!
- Poor Emotional Health
Harboring bitterness or unforgiveness can lead to a person literally being bent over with bad health. “Forgiveness is unlocking the door to set someone free and…realizing you were the prisoner!” ~Lucado
What Are Remedies For Fibromyalgia?
Unfortunately you cannot just pop a few herbs in your mouth as a natural remedy. It will be a long road back to good health ~ but it’s worth it! If you begin making healthy choices today, I believe you can notice a difference in a month or two. Don’t stop when you feel better, however, continue with healthier choices to see even greater healing and to prevent the horrible symptoms from returning. I know a lady personally whose fibro symptoms began to subside when she flooded her body with good quality nutrition! Below are suggestions that I would do if I had this health condition:
- Find a Naturopathic Doctor that can help you switch from medication to natural remedies ~ Unless you are taking medication for something like a genetic disorder, I would research natural alternatives to the health problems you have. It is my opinion that a strict diet and/or natural means can replace most medication taken by Americans. There are exceptions to this for certain serious conditions. If you are taking medication, find a doctor that is willing to help you possibly switch to a natural remedy instead.
- Cleanse ~ 90% of diseases begin in the colon. The first thing to do is to clean your colon, then cleanse the other organs. Read “The Main Cause of Disease” that I wrote for Little Natural Cottage, and also “Cleanses I Recommend”.
- Change your diet. Make sure at least 60% of your diet is from raw foods. Eat lots of salads, fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds. Juicing is a great way to get high nutrition from raw foods. I would juice a lot! Eat organic if you can possibly afford it at all. Consider doing a 60-day juice fast.
- Food sensitivities can be a cause of fibro. Eliminate bad food that contributes to poor health. These foods are: fast food, processed foods, sugar, sodas, etc. Be an ingredient reader! Avoid MSG, high fructose corn syrup, aspartame like the plague!
- Do a 60 day juice fast. Many people have reversed serious medical conditions through a juice fast.
- Use natural cleaners, makeup and personal body care products. Avoid things with parabens, sulfates and other toxic chemicals.
- Flood your body with good nutrition! Drink herbal teas and infusions. The Bulk Herb Store is a great resource to purchase herbs in bulk and save money! Nettle, Red Raspberry and Alfalfa are just a few herbs that are great for infusions! Consider purchasing things like: ImLife Tincture, Berry Herbal Brew, Erin’s Super Green Drink Mix, etc. Your body needs lots of extra nutrition! I would flood it with whatever I could afford!
- Exercise ~ Read here for good exercise ideas. I would add the rebounder to any routine I chose. If you are in too much pain at times to exercise, do all you can to rebound at least 10 minutes a day.
- According to Dr. Mercola, most fibromyalgia patients that he has dealt with has some sort of underlying emotional component. If you deal with emotional scars, learn to forgive. I recommend the book, “Help Out Of The Hole Of No Hope”. We can receive freedom from our past hurts and scars.
- Acupuncture has been shown to really help fibromyalgia. Dr. Mercola has an EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) that he uses successfully. It combines acupuncture with releasing your emotions. As a Christian (which I’m not saying Dr. Mercola isn’t one – I’ve never heard his religious beliefs), I would use scripture if I used the “affirmation statements”, or say “….I deeply and completely accept myself in Christ.”
What I Would Not Do If I Had Fibromyalgia
- Take pain medication
- Take chemo
- Give up