Though acne is supposed to only trouble teenagers, many adults end up with breakouts too. I wish no one had to deal with this embarrassing problem, but wishing simply won’t make it go away.
If you suffer from acne, whether a teenager or adult, there is a solution to it that is far better and healthier than popping pills in your mouth or smearing medicated cream on your face!
In fact, I’ve been told that this remedy works even better than the strongest pills and creams on the market. Whatever you do, don’t make the mistake like I did of taking medicine that will have a negative impact on your health. Click here to read how I’ve suffered for years from the effects of taking antibiotics prescribed to me for acne.
Let’s first talk about what causes acne. Acne is caused by an inward toxicity ~ it’s literally toxins pushing their way out through the skin. A healthy body is not going to have problems with acne. Toxins or hormonal imbalances can cause acne, and that’s why many start getting acne when they hit puberty.
Hormonal imbalances are caused by insulin resistance from too many sugary or boxed food and an overall poor diet (fast food, processed foods, junk food, etc. ~ homemade from scratch meals are the best! If it comes in a box or you have to drive through somewhere to buy it, it most likely is bad for you! ) Click here to read other things that can throw off hormones specifically in women.
Do you remember the herb that’s an astringent, meaning it pulls out toxins and poisons? ~ It’s plantain! Here’s a very easy inexpensive way to clear up acne, and even acne scars using plantain and a little vinegar.
Don’t know what plantain looks like? It grows somewhere near you unless you live in Antarctica. Click here to read my post on wasp stings that includes pictures of this awesome herb God created!
Natural Remedy For Acne
2. Wash fresh plantain.
3. Next you want to be sure you “bruise” the leaves to release the powerful properties. I always crush them with the edge of a glass cup and then tear them up some. You can do several leaves at a time to make it quicker.
4. Place them in the jar to the top. Don’t pack it down or too tightly. You want there to be enough leaves in there to make a strong tincture, but loose enough to be able to shake well.
7. Next, strain the plant material out of the liquid.
8. Pour the liquid back in a clean jar and label with the date so you don’t forget what it is and what it’s for. It’s a good idea to use a funnel to pour it into the jar. Also, I pour some in a squeeze bottle for convenience to use this on the face.
9. Squeeze the tincture onto a cotton ball and use all over your face 2 or 3 times a day. Don’t wash it off – give the plantain time to pull out the toxins. Put this on your face after you wash it in the morning and at night. You want to do this everyday for 2 or 3 weeks or until your face is clear. If you’re concerned about walking around smelling like a pickle, don’t worry-the smell fades after a few minutes.
- Don’t wipe your face with the cotton ball and dip it back into the jar – this will contaminate the tincture and make it not as effective. The squeeze bottle is a very convenient and clean way to do this.
- This may make you more sensitive to the sun – so be aware of that.
- I use Bragg’s Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar. This vinegar has not been heated and therefore contains living enzymes that is very good for your skin. Some people use just this vinegar for acne, but when it’s combined with plantain, you get a more effective remedy!
- This may clear up the acne you have now, but there is an underlying issue that needs to be addressed for it to not come back. Slowly start to change your diet to more wholesome foods. I also highly recommend detoxing your body to remove toxins and heavy metals from your body. Here’s an inexpensive, effective detox that I recommend ~ Detox +
- I also highly recommend doing a parasite cleanse. Many people suffer from worms and parasites and don’t even know it. (YUCK – I know!!!) Click here for a good parasite kit and suggestions on how to take it. If you clean up your inside, it helps the outside!
- If you have acne really bad, it may take longer to clear up your face. Just be consistent! :)
- Vinegar tinctures last about 6 months. It’s recommended to refrigerate the extra – though I wouldn’t put the squeeze bottle in there – that would be cold on the face!
- This will make your face break out worse for a few weeks as the plantain pulls out the impurities – but stick with it because you’ll enjoy the results!
My personal favorite apple cider vinegar is Braggs.
You can make this EASY and inexpensive remedy for acne and be on your way to a clear face.
I wish I’d known about this as a teenager. It would have saved me a lot of money and heartache!
How do you naturally treat acne?
This post is linked to: