I recently made a glycerin tincture (properly called a glycerite) using an herbal mixture that boosts the immune system. I use this tincture at the first sign of illness, sometimes combined with colloidal silver, depending on how bad the illness is.
Use 1/2 tsp. 3-5 times a day for children. Use 1 tsp. 3-5 times a day for adults. If the sickness is bad enough, you can even give a dose every hour until improvement.
How To Make A Glycerin Tincture
- Double E Immune Booster or Echinacea or any dried herbs
- Jar with lid
- Vegetable Glycerin (make sure it’s food grade)
- Dried herbs
- Hot Water
- Crock Pot
- Fill jar halfway with dried herbs of choice.
- Pour hot water over the herbs just to the top of the herbs.
- Fill the jar the rest of the way with vegetable glycerin. Leave an inch headspace.
- Place towel in bottom of crock pot.
- Put jar on top of towel.
- Fill crock pot with water up to the shoulder of the jar.
- Turn crock pot on warm or low for 2-3 days.
- Strain herbs from liquid.
- Bottle the liquid.