- Valentine’s Day gifts
- New moms
- A tea party with your children
- A birthday party for your daughter and her friends
- Material of choice: empty tea bags (easiest option)/coffee filters/cheesecloth/or cotton muslin
- Heart template
- Loose herbal tea
- Needle and thread
- Organic Rose Petal Tea (Rose is one of my favorite tea flavors!)
- Organic Hibiscus Flowers
- Organic Blood Orange Vanilla Rooibos
- Organic Very Berry Citrus
- Organic Island Breeze Rooibos
- Organic Lavender Chamomile
Another great idea it to make the time more educational by telling your children what these herbs are good for while you are making and filling the tea bags. Here is some simple educational information you can share with them depending on which tea you choose:
- Roses are good for relieving sress and can be used externally to heal wounds. It’s important to emphasize that roses bought at a flower shop are not what you want to use, but those that are grown more ethically for medicinal purposes or are growing in the wild (like I use in Wild Rose Jelly) .
- Lavender is also a good calming herb and relieves headaches.
- Rosehips (included in the Very Berry Citrus and Island Breeze Rooibos listed above) is very high in vitamin C and the perfect herb to consume when sick.
- Rooibos helps fight aging, colds, and infections
- And the list could go on and on with the herbs in the tea mixes listed above!
It’s important to note that while these herbs can be used as “remedies”, they are great to consume for just pleasure or every day health as we do any food.