Click below to catch up on the first two posts:
So ladies – do any of you, like I did, see that you have hormones that have gone haywire? Be sure that you have written down which category you fall in from the first post, What Are the Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalance.
I’m going to share with you the method I used to balance my hormones and the wonderful result I had!
There are 3 herbs I took:
*Red Clover – Red Clover is used for treating menstrual cramps and menopause. It has phytoestrogenic compounds that help to balance hormones. These compound include: genistein, diadzen, formononetin and biochanin.
*Fenugreek – Fenugreek contains diosgenin, a phytoestrogen that mimics the effects of estrogen in the body.
*Saw Palmetto ~Saw Palmetto works to prevent testosterone from converting into DHT (dihydrotestosterone – a byproduct of testosterone).
Take note that you may experience mood swings, tiredness, water retention or early or late periods as your hormones balance, but this is only temporary. Any discomfort is worth the end result! I personally did not notice effects of my hormones balancing to be worth complaining about.
Here are a few different options in taking these herbs.
- Buy herbs in powdered form and place in capsules yourself by clicking the links below.
2. Buy herbs in capsules individually by clicking below.
I didn’t just take these herbs, though. For a week before I started the herbs, I applied 1/2 tsp. of progesterone USP cream to my inner thighs or wrist. Progesterone balances the effects of having too much estrogen. (You need this whether you have too much testosterone or estrogen) This prepares the body by preparing your receptors. Be sure to use this a week or two before you start the herbs. And be certain that the progesterone is not synthetic and is USP.
I also took evening primrose oil. For many years, Europeans have used evening primrose oil to treat symptoms of PMS. Evening Primrose Oil contains a fatty acid called gamma-linolenic acid, which helps the body balance the production of estrogen. Recommended dosage is 3,000 mg a day. The kind I bought has 1,300 mg, so I took 1 pill twice a day. Click here to buy Evening Primrose Oil.
- Try to take herbs on an empty stomach for maximum absorption.
- Take them about every 8 hours so there is a continuous stream in your body.
- Be sure to not drink anything carbonated a few hours before you take the herbs, as this will interfere with the effectiveness. If you’re addicted to soda :), do your best. These are recommendations to get the full effectiveness.
- If you know fenugreek doesn’t agree with you, you may substitute it with fennel.
- Other herbs that balance are fennel, wild yam, kudzu, licorice and hops. Don’t use all of them, though. That would overwhelm your body. I used the 3 herbs that I listed above, as they are the top ones for hormonal balance, and I had great success.
- Please don’t buy these at a local supermarket, be sure to buy from a company that produces products of quality. Sadly, many companies add fillers into their product to make more money. If you don’t have good quality, you won’t have the best results!
The Remedy For Imbalanced Hormones
(If you’re too high in testosterone, you’ll take more saw palmetto than if you’re too high in estrogen)
Days 1 and 2: Take one red clover pill 3 times a day. *It’s recommended to take 1,050-1,125 mg. a day – so split this amount by 3 pills.
Days 3 and 4: Continue to take red clover and add fenugreek. Take one capsule 3 times a day also. *Recommended amount for fenugreek is 1,800-1,860 mg. a day.
Days 5 and beyond: Continue the red clover and fenugreek 3 times a day, and add 1 pill of saw palmetto 3 times a day.
*Add two saw palmetto pills 3 times a day if you’re too high in testosterone. *Recommended amount for saw palmetto is 1,620-1,800 mg. a day.
How long to do this? I really don’t know! I’ve read that some women take these herbs for 4 months or up to a year. These herbs have other healthy properties and can be taken on a daily basis.
Each person has their own level of imbalanced hormones, so I recommend taking the herbs until at least your symptoms subside.
Let’s look at a few of the other healthy benefits of the 3 herbs I took:
- Red Clover ~ relaxes nerves, fights cancer and purifies blood.
- Fenugreek ~ helps allergies, digestion, ulcers, coughs and headaches.
- Saw Palmetto ~ benefits all glandular tissue, helps reproductive organs, and helps the body get rid of excess mucus from the head, sinus and lungs.
What results did I have? How do I know it worked for me?
*Caution – do not do this program while pregnant or nursing. I wish you the best success as you balance your hormones and live a better quality of life!