European leaders have called for a ban of cell phones and WiFi in their schools after more evidence reveals the harmful effects on humans, and especially children.
The radiation emitted from cell phones is, in a sense, microwaving our brains! This radiation exposure can lead to cancer and brain tumors. The link between cell phone use and brain tumors has been backed by 100 scientific studies.
- Limit your use. I know it’s a big money saver to not have a land line, but I highly recommend using a land line with a corded phone for long conversations. I’ve read that cell phones begin doing their damage after 3 minutes of conversation.
- Use a speaker phone if you’re on the phone longer than just a few minutes.
- Keep cell phone a few feet away from your body when you’re not using it. Cell phones still give off small amounts of radiation even when they are not being used. If you hold your cell phone a few inches away, the electromagnetic field is reduced by 1/4, and it’s reduced 50 times at 3 feet away. If you have to have your phone on you, make sure the back of it is faced away from you so that the radiation is moving away from your body. Also make sure you don’t put your phone under your pillow when sleeping.
- It’s safer to text message (and you also don’t get stuck talking to someone that doesn’t know the meaning of “I have to go”) 🙂
- Switch sides from ear to ear on a regular basis when talking. This keeps the radiation from making as deep of a penetration. Do you have strange feelings in your ears after talking for a while on a cell phone, or burning on your leg if the phone is in your pocket? That’s the electromagnetic field doing its work.
- Choose a phone with the lowest SAR (Specific Absorption Rate). The plain old phone I have has one of the lowest SARs.
- Stay away from cell phones as much as possible if pregnant. Cell phone radiation is very harmful to a developing baby. I only talked on my phone a few times this last pregnancy. I mostly texted or used the speaker phone.
- You can put your phone on “off mode” when you’re not using it to turn off the electromagnetic field.
- Never let children under 18 use a cell phone except for emergencies. Children and teenagers have a smaller brain, softer brain tissue and a thinner skull, thus making them more susceptible to damage. Below is a diagram showing how cell phone radiation affects children compared to adults:
Be sure to begin making some of the above suggestions a habit, so you can enjoy a better quality of life!