Here is one favorite way that I fix chicken. It’s very easy and has great flavor! I tend to cook the flavor and juice out of a chicken to “make sure it’s done”, but this recipe uses a crockpot, which helps keep the flavor and juiciness intact. 🙂 And it uses garlic, one of my favorite and amazingly healthy herbs to use!
Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules (I use no msg bouillon)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a bowl, mix the oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture into chicken. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken in butter for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, mix the water, lemon juice, garlic, and bouillon. Bring the mixture to boil. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours, or Low for 6 hours. Add the parsley to the slow cooker 15 to 30 minutes before the end of the cook time.
You can eat this chicken as a main dish with sides, or we really like to eat it in a salad. I just throw whatever salad vegetables together that I have on hand and add the chicken to it. We love it! Enjoy! 🙂
Heather's Blog-o-rama says
this looks really yummy and tasty good 🙂 🙂 I’m still on Phase 1 of the Intro GAPS diet…so my meals are ultra simple 🙂 I cook my chicken in a slow cooker and add fresh garlic at the end. It’s so good 😉 🙂 it really makes a difference in the flavor. Of course, I save the broth, so I don’t lose any flavor 🙂
Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather 🙂