There’s nothing like a cold popsicle on a hot summer’s day ~ especially if it can be chocolate, right? 🙂
You can eat yummy popsicles without the harmful high fructose corn syrup and other fake chemicals added!
Well I found a very yummy recipe to make not only popsicles, but chocolate ones! 😉
This recipe said to melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, but since I don’t have a microwave, I went for a healthier option ~ I melted the chocolate in the milk on the stove and then added the other ingredients.
- Melt chocolate chips into milk on stove.
- Stir in sugar, cornstarch and cocoa powder and cook on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and butter.
- Cool mixture completely and pour into popsicle molds.
- Freeze completely ~ it took mine 3-4 hours. It depends on the size of your molds
Note: This recipe made 12 popsicles for the molds I have. I only have 6 molds, so I stored the extra in a bowl in the refrigerator for refills! 🙂
Don’t have popsicle molds? You can purchase them here.
Recipe adapted from: Brown Eyed Baker