How To Make Homemade Garlic Oil

Photo Credit: indi.ca via Compfight cc

Making homemade garlic oil is very simple!  From cooking to ear infections or aches – it’s convenient to have on hand!

• Crush cloves of garlic (how ever much you want to make)
  • Cover cloves with olive oil about 1 inch over the garlic
  • Let this stand for about 3 days, shaking daily. Don’t leave the garlic in the oil much longer than this.
  • Strain the garlic from the oil with a coffee filter, cheesecloth or clean white cotton t-shirt.
  • Store oil in a jar

How can you use garlic oil?  You can use it in cooking for drizzling or frying.  You can also use it for ear aches & infections!

For ear aches and infections:

Warm garlic oil to a comfortable temperature (you want to use warm garlic, but be sure it isn’t too hot!)  Place 2-4 drops in the ear 2 or 3 times a day.  Lie on your side for 5-10 minutes so the oil doesn’t run
out.

I normally use colloidal silver for my ear infections, but this is a good alternative if I run out; it’s also yummy for cooking! ;)

Enjoy!  It’s easy to make homemade oils!

Comments

SO good for those ears! and yum on salads. whoda thunk? :) i don’t usually make garlic oil unless i need it for those ears, but i do let garlic steep in warm oil before i cook with it. often!

I love using garlic and garlic oil in cooking, but I had never heard of it as a remedy for ear infections. I’ll have to try that next time we have one in our house.

Hi, not sure if my last post made it through. But I wanted to thank you for sharing this helpful home remedy!

I have added it to my website so that my visitors can benefit from this helpful knowledge as well, and have posted FULL credits to you including a link to this page. I hope this is okay with you.

I’m sure it is a blessing to many!

Here is a link in case you’d like to see:

Again, many thanks for sharing!
    Sincerely,
    Crystal

hello, i am so glad i found you website,love all the healing remedies,and all the uses of garlic. good to read,not only it taste so good,also has healing power. i am a 69 year old retired female,also suffer from oste, arthritis,and fybromyalgia, allergies to most antobiotics. so i rely on a lot of home remedies. Thanks. Jackie

But what about botulism? The anaerobic bacterias will thrive in the anaerobic environment, causing a risk of deadly poisoning unless the garlic is heated to at least 200F.

I was also wondering how long it keeps as i have read in several places that garlic only can only last a week, can you help with this ? thanks