So what triggers a cold sore?
The main cause is stress. Stress is mentioned with a lot of ailments, isn’t it? You can’t completely avoid stress, you can help control it though by eating healthy.
Healthy eating minimizes the effects of stress on our bodies. Foods that are acid forming should be limited, like: chocolate, table salt (unrefined sea salt is great!), sugar, soybean, soft drinks, and coffee.
Diet is another main subject mentioned when addressing ailments, and I feel like I repeat it all the time, but eating poorly or unbalanced is the main source of health problems of any kind – so I guess I’ll keep repeating myself! (I need to hear it too!) :)
Be sure to drink enough water, too!
Natural Remedies for Cold Sores
- Place hydrogen peroxide on the cold sore for a few minutes
- Apply Raw Apple Cider Vinegar to the sore for several minutes
- Mix salt and toothpaste and apply
- Put aloe vera on it the moment you feel it coming on – you have to apply this all the time or at least 3 times a day – the fresh gel is better than aloe vera cream.
- Petroleum jelly
- Warm Tea Bag
- Olive leaf is a natural antibiotic that has been effective for cold sores. Extract the juice from the leaf and apply. Click hereto buy olive leaf.
- Garlic clove – place the cut side of a garlic clove on the sore.
- Lysine – One of my girls had very bad cold sores all over her mouth a few weeks ago and she even ran a fever with some kind of strange virus. I purchased an herbal cold sore treatment called Super Lysine and it worked so very well and cleared it up quickly.