One alternative to taking pain relievers for aches, pains and injuries is by using a castor oil pack!
- Castor Oil
- Plastic Sheet or Bag
- Piece of Cloth or Flannel folded several times
- Heating Pad
- Pour castor oil in a bowl and soak the cloth in the oil.
- Wring the cloth so that it is wet but not dripping
- Apply the cloth to the area of body that is in pain
- Cover this cloth with the plastic sheet or bag
- Place a heating pad on top of the plastic. Start out low and gradually increase to medium
- Wrap a towel around area to keep heat in. Make sure it doesn’t get too hot.
These packs have been used in place of strong painkillers.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to treat, cure or prevent disease.