If you are like me and love nutty desserts, you’ll love this Honey Pecan Pie!
I’m one of those that thinks any and all desserts taste better with nuts whether it be cookies, cakes, pies, brownies, muffins, or bread. So it’s no surprise that I’m a fan of pecan pie!
I’m not, however, a fan of unhealthy corn syrup found in traditional pecan pie recipes. This time of year has put pecan pie on my brain, so I searched for a recipe using only honey, and found a yummy one here.
Different honey results in slightly different tastes. Some honey has a stronger taste and others a more mild. I personally prefer raw honey – local if possible.
Honey Pecan Pie
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup honey
- 3 beaten eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 9-inch pie crust
- Bring honey to a boil, remove from heat
- Add beaten eggs, constantly stirring until well mixed. Be careful not to add the eggs without stirring them at the same time, or you may just end up with scrambled eggs in your pie. 😉
- Add the butter, vanilla and nuts.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake 325° for 25 minutes until the pie is set.