Kratom: A Powerful Pain-Relieving Herb

Kratom: A Powerful Pain-Relieving Herb | Jill's Home Remedies | Are you looking for a natural pain-relieving remedy? Give kratom a try as a powerful pain-relieving herb!

Today we have a guest post from David Mastrine on the herb kratom. I love learning about new herbs and their many benefits. Today David focuses on using this particular herb for pain.

What is Kratom?

Mitragyna Speciosa, otherwise Known as Kratom, is a tree that is native to Southeast Asia. You can find this underrated herb growing wild in Indonesia, Thailand, the Malaysian Floristic Region and surrounding areas.

The leaves of Kratom are usually dried and made into a powder. This incredible plant can treat a vast number of ailments including Chronic Pain, Anxiety, Hypertension, Fatigue, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Many people use Kratom to simply improve their energy levels, as an alternative to coffee. We prefer to purchase our Kratom from Health Kratom as they are a trusted source and lab test all of their products.

Who Can Benefit From Kratom?

In America, the most popular and effective use for Kratom is pain relief. This herb is a Godsend for those who suffer from any form of chronic pain including:

• Fibromyalgia
  • Rheumatoid Arthritis
  • Nerve Related Pain
  • Back Pain
  • Lupus
  • Multiple Sclerosis
  • Post Surgical/Trauma Pain

If you are looking for a natural way to treat these or similar conditions, then Kratom is likely your best option. For many people, their current medication is not working or has stopped working. In this situation, one can easily transition on to Kratom as a natural effective alternative.

A few of the lesser known advantages are an increase in energy and focus as well as an improved sex drive. When taking Kratom in the form of hot tea it can be very soothing for the mouth and throat. If you have soreness in these areas, specifically the throat, a nice warm pot of Kratom tea will give you amazing relief.

Preparing Kratom Tea

You can prepare your tea using either crushed leaves or powder. We prefer the Red Vein Bali powder from Health Kratom which you can buy here. Depending on how strong you would like it you will want to use between 3 – 6 grams of kratom (2 – 4 tsp) per cup of water. If you are using powder make sure to use a tea filter bag and not a metal tea ball. You don’t want a mug full of plant grit! Bring your water to a boil and brew the tea for at least 15 minutes to properly extract the healing alkaloids that dwell within this helpful herb.

Now at this point, you have a relatively bitter brew. If you like it that way then go ahead and drink your freshly brewed tea! Now for those of us who like our tea a little less on the bitter side, there are a few things that you can do.

• Cut the tea with more water to make 2 diluted cups of tea (make sure to drink both!).
  • Stir in some fresh lemon juice prior to drinking.
  • Add some honey or sugar for sweetness.
  • Add a splash of coconut milk.

You can also include other herbs and tea bags into your brew to try and mask the bitterness of the Kratom. We suggest drinking it right away while it is still warm, especially if you have a sore mouth or throat. The effects of the tea will set in within 20 – 45 minutes.

Other Ways to Use This Herb

For Extreme Pain

If you need the effects to be extra strength, say for something like break through pain relief, then you can take 4 – 5 grams of the powder and mix it with something acidic like lemon water or fresh squeezed orange juice. The acids in the juice will help to quickly break down the Kratom and assist in faster digestion. Kratom does not mix well in water alone.

For Those Sensitive to Taste

Capsules are an efficient and convenient alternative to tea or raw leaf. You can purchase perfectly measured out Kratom capsules at Health Kratom as well as the powder. If you want to make your own, measure out your Kratom powder and pack it into vegetable capsules much like you would any other supplement.

Final Notes

While this herb is incredibly helpful to hundreds of thousands of people all over the world, it is important to remember Kratom is meant to treat symptoms not cure illnesses. It is very important to maintain a healthy lifestyle and to be as active in our own health care as possible.

You can purchase kratom here.

Do you have any experience with Kratom? We would love to hear about it!

David Mastrine is a Certified Financial Advisor and Business Analyst with a focus on Quantitative Finance. Working closely with herbalists, naturopathic doctors and other holistic doctors to overcome a serious illness, David has made an oath to set aside time to write about his experiences in hopes of helping others in need. Helping others to find wellness and relief is what drives his continued study of herbs and diets.

Comments

1. Bradley Anderson says

I have used this herb before, it really does help with pain management. Great post, I am a firm believed that plants are always a better choice, our bodies were not meant to consume one isolated chemical. God created these plants for us for a reason!

I’ve been taking kratom 20 months about I have become very involved in the efforts to join forces to fight legislation to keep our God given right to use a gift he created for us. Botanical Education Alliance use to be Botanical Legal Defense (www.botanical-education.org/) This plant saved my life I’m blessed to be alive today. Kratom United a grass roots movement sort of “boots on the ground” approach. Thankyou for sharing!

I agree! I have Chronic Lyme Disease & Bartonella. Opiates and doctor visits began to overwhelm my life. I choose to treat my symptoms with natural herbal remedies.

There is currently a “Universal MLM Essenial Oil Explosion” taking place… These precious oils are amazing! (I can only recommend Young Living, btw… I have received strong benefits from these oils and am definitely not knocking them, just making a point ;))
      Why isn’t Kratom legalized everywhere?! We should have the *right to choose* alternative, herbal therapies over toxic chemicals produced in laboratories. I am not against medications, just the over use of them and their effects on our bodies.

I wish to act as a representative for the “LD Community” & help to keep Kratom legal for “medicinal” use!

It helped to cure some serious skin lesions and sores I had experienced from Bartonellosis (aka “Bartonella”, a co-infection of Borrellia borgdorferii, aka “Lyme Disease”).

It helps with pain, mood, energy, and is synergistic! I am grateful for this God-given plant.

It helps far too many people to be lost…

OxoJL

3. Sam Boyd says

Great article, love your site. I use Kratom to manage my pain and have a few things I would like to share with the community.

1. Capsules can sometimes give you a brief stomach ache since you need to take so many of them and they expand in your stomach. If you can, stick to powder leaf.

2. Mixing with an acidic juice while effective can sometimes make the effects come on fast and strong and then end faster than normal.

3. Kratom is an amazing plant :)

• Janet Groth says

I am trying kratom and making my own capsules how many do you have to take I am not getting any relief and I am on my 3rd kind of kratom..Which kind is the best for Chronic back pain 28 years and Dr. are not prescribing pain meds anymore I tried the yellow strain then the Magna da .now I have the red strain I might not be taking enough I have taken up to 8 at a time and not getting any relief.Could anyone help with the best kind for constant pain and the right amount

Hi Jill and David! I have seen homemade signs advertising Kratom around town, and I’ve always wondered what it was. Now I know. And I’m glad to know that there are trusted sources to get it from. I don’t think I’d ever call a number tacked up on a telephone pole! It sounds like something I’d like to try. I have lower back pain most of the time, so it would be worthwhile to give it a shot. I try to avoid pharmaceuticals whenever possible. Pinning this article. Thanks!
    Marge Sweigart recently posted…Got Allergies? Get a Honeywell True HEPA Air PurifierMy Profile

• David Mastrine says

Thanks for the kind reply Marge. Haha yes you are correct to avoid buying it from a sign with a phone number or even a gas station or head shop for that matter. You run the risk of buying old, poorly stored, weak, not fresh, mislabeled herbs. I am sorry to hear about your back pain and I hope that you are able to fine relief and wellness in your life. The Gold Bali strain is excellent for finding relief from your type of pain.

5. Alexandria Phillips says

I am very intrigued by this. I have been suffering from chronic pain for 5 years. I finally had spine surgery last July but it did not help. I am currently 32 weeks pregnant and breastfeeding a 2 year old. Is there any info on the herb for pregnant and breastfeeding mamas? I take prescription pain meds under a doctors supervision. My initial reaction is that an herb can’t be worse than my scripts but I would love to hear some thoughts. I could not find much info on the internet.

• David Mastrine says

Yes unfortunately it is banned in states that statistically have the most amount of pharmaceutical opiate users. Big pharma does not like the fact that this amazing plant can replace most pain medications.

6. Lily says

How unfortunate that this helpful, healing herbal supplement has recently been placed at the top of the most ‘dangerous’ narcotics list as a schedule 1 narcotic, right up there with HEROIN, hemp & cannabis (two herbs that also do not belong in such company as heroin). Admittedly, folks need education on how to heal safely with these beautiful gifts of the planet, not more FDA/DEA madness. This is not helpful. Decision takes effect on September 30, 2016

Kratom to join heroin, LSD on Schedule I drug list: http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/31/health/kratom-schedule-i/index.html

Hi Jill,

This seems like a very interesting Herb. But I was wondering if there is some scientific proof that it really works instead “just” some personal experiences? It would be great if you had a small section in the article explaining the scientific part about this herb. I am also wondering if Kratom can interfere with prescription drugs you are already using?

Greets,

Sally
    Sally Wong recently posted…34 Natural Healthy Living Blogs You Should Really Check OutMy Profile

Hi Jill,
    Thank you for such an informative post. I have also heard a lot about Kratom and its magical benefits. I am also planning to order them as I am deeply troubled with my back pain.
    Also, your remedy of mixing it with lemon juice or something acidic sounds really great and effective. I am surely going to try this once I get my Kratom powder.
    Regards,
    Richard

9. Frankie says

I have used kratom. My son,who was diagnosed as bi-polar some years back as a result of his military service turned me on to it. My wife and I took him to a orthomolecular practicing Dr. She said he was misdiagnosed. She diagnosed him as hypoglycemic. She prescribed vitB shots and magnesium shots in the butt plus change in diet.no sugar…He did well, but when trying to get off the psychotropics, he went to fast and flipped..That was several years back and today he is doing well, his use of kratom is a necessary element in his sanity. I encourage him to ween himself off the Lithium or at least use oritate, but so far he is still hung there…but the psychotropics are on their way out…and I pray the lithium also.. but the kratom is very good for pain and I have tried all the different strains, red,green,and white. bali,maeng da, etc..all have different effects, so I make a blend of red and green..if you have arthritis pain or any pain, it is inexpensive and all kinds of ways to ingest. I saw a utube of a dude using applesauce with it mixed in? I dunno, I like applesauce and i like kratom, so I reckon combining the two would be ok..I have been thinking about making a salve out of it, Just to see if it would be a topical pain relief agent..it ought to be..I have purchased from buy-kratom.us ..110. a kilo, fast delivery and good product.
    I have made a tincture from it…and capped it..tincture was powerful…as well as the caps..2-4 caps and there is no pain..amazing. Anyway I stumbled across your site while looking for a recipe for comfrey/mullein salve and found a excellent recipe with explanation of the different herbs to add and why…I did not have all the herbs but I will…thanks