Tis the season for growing tomatoes! And fresh herbs!
There are few things I enjoy eating more in the summer than fresh tomatoes from the garden.
Now is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable? That is the question of the day. I know they are botanically classified as a fruit, but they smell, look, taste, and are used like a vegetable, so that’s what they are in my book! 🙂
I enjoy adding tomatoes to several different dishes, but adding a fresh herb or two and healthy raw vinegar adds a unique twist for something different.
Herbed Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. fresh basil
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Slice tomatoes in half and place them in a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over the tomatoes.
- Serve over lettuce or fresh herbs, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend. Enjoy!